Sunday, April 22, 2012

another heart and a journal page

I actually made this heart ATC in february.  Purple rainbow spun/lutradur - free machined on felt, free machined to hand painted cotton fabric.

Another journal page.  The background for this page was made without any idea in mind one evening whilst I was watching you tube.
As I said - no idea in mind, perhaps some idea of sky or a sunset.  I just put colour down on the page.


It was perfect for my dictionary word "Savannah" a few days later.
Although I am more of a visual journaller than a writer, I do put together little ditties every now and then.  But I am finding the drawing with a word in mind a great way to get ideas for things to sew, since my textile works are the same.  You never know what's in your head until you sketch it out.