Friday, April 27, 2012

a message from a liebster and some journal pages

I've been awarded a Liebster Blog Award!  Thank you Brigitte of a loose bobbin for the presentation.
My friend tells me "liebster" means "dearest" or "favourite" in German and that the award is usually presented to smaller blogs as a form of recognition and support.  "Smaller blog"  is defined as a blog with fewer than 200 followers.  As a recipient you are to:
  • Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them.
  • Present the award to five other blogs
  • Let them know by commenting on their blog
  • Post the award on your blog
So thank you Brigitte for thinking my blog noteworthy and up and coming.

I shall have a look through my google reader tomorrow and decide on my five as it is nearly bedtime here in OZ, and I have just got home an hour or two ago from my quick trip to the big smoke and haven't even unpacked!

So here are a few journal pages from last week for you to look at and I'll have a few new journal quilts tomorrow that I did whilst I was away.

This one is a mosaic made with a paper napkin picture of an afternoon tea setting, with a watercolour layer over and some oil pastel as a resist.  It is about rejection and I thought the cup of tea picture was apt.
This one is a saying I made up about creativity, which I have also used as a quote at the end of my blog.  Not much journalling on this page and I let the writing on the book page beneath show through.  I love the colours in this one.

And I know from experience this one is true.  If you spend your whole life waiting for a masterpiece to come, it won't, you have to work at creating everyday, and then one day you will be ready for it.