Today I went a little overboard with monoprinting on fabric. It took me over an hour to upload all the photos, so this might be a little longer than usual.
At this stage I got into the flow and forgot to take photos
product of the month from the thread studio. This month was lutradur (Thanks Dale), so I took a few pieces and printed them. The one on the right was just some paint on the plate, but the ones on the left were printed from a cedar canyon ginko texture plate (Not quite monoprinting, but you will see why in a minute) These samples were transparent and yummy and I can't wait to get working on them.
Thse were my other (lol) favourites. I pressed the above mentioned texture plate into the paint before printing. Below them are two close ups. The texture plates still had paint on, so that is why I got the lutradur prints.
And that was as far as I got, it was tea time when I finished and so I haven't had time to put together a journal quilt for this experiment. It will have to wait for next time.
Until then, happy creating!