Saturday, July 27, 2013

A week's worth

Not much to show today except almost a week's worth of my free motion feather tops. I don't know what I chose this shape to fill with doodles, but as you see I have lots of them.  As I do each one, I also think of more to add to the pages, so..
here are nos 4, 5 and 6
and 7, 8 and 9.  As you can  see at the bottom, I have added some eyelets to bind them together with rings.
I am using industrial felt offcuts for my backing and have found that it is extremely hard to stitch through, but I will persist with it since they are nice and firm for the sample book.  And of course I am using up scraps of fabric as well.  I think this sample book is something I should have done ages ago and will come in very handy when quilting and thread drawing.
I have also decided that these little feather tops might make a very nice border design on this quilt-
Which is a lot further along now. I will be starting on the borders soon as I am just finishing the background fill which is very tiny!

Don't forget to create every day!