Sunday, March 16, 2014

What's on the table

I had forgotten today was Sunday.  Well here in Australia it is,  not quite there elsewhere, I think.

So of course it is digital drawing day.  Terry has been hosting this over on her blog on Sundays (US time).  I haven't heard that she has stopped, but her post will not be up for a while yet, but drop on over later to see what she and Joan have been doing.  The theme was 'What's on the table?'  and for me, that was pretty easy.  What's on the table are the courses I am doing at the moment.
So I drew a sketch of my sketchbook.  I said  last time that I was relying too much on using the pastel tool, in Artrage, so this week, I did two things.  Firstly, I used Layers and secondly, I used some other tools,
I did the background with a palette knife tool.  That was fun.  then for the sketchbook, I used the watercolour brush tool.  when I wanted to blend, I used it without the instant dry feature and when I wanted a sharp line, or a dot,  I used the instant dry.  I think it will take me a while to get the hang of blending the layers,  but I am happy with my little drawing.

I did say yesterday, I would show you the quilting on my Tangled Textiles piece.  It is finished and I will be posting it tomorrow on the TT site, and here.   But I will just give you a little peek at some quilting.
I thought this spiral design would fit in well with the 'Vincent van Gogh' idea.
I love the way the chiffon blends in after being quilted.

Happy creating!